During jury service there is no statutory entitlement for an employee to be paid by his employer, unless there is a clause in their contract regarding such a situation.
Employees are however entitled to claim allowances from the court to cover travel and subsistence costs whilst they are on jury service. They can also claim a financial loss allowance regarding any loss of net earnings suffered as a result of attending the court.
The maximum financial loss allowance depends upon the number of hours served. The amounts:
- First 10 Days:
- 4 hours or under each day £32.47
- Over 4 hours each day – £64.95
- Day 11 to Day 200:
- 4 hours or under each day – £64.95
- Over 4 hours each day – £129.91
- After Day 201:
- 4 hours or under each day – £114.03
- Over 4 hours – £228.06